The Gaming Lizard

World of Warcraft.Life.Random Babblings from a Lizard POV

  • It's a weird weird World....of Warcraft

    Welcome to the revamped blog of the Lonelylizard! Feel free to take a look around!
    About me: I'm a 20 year old living in Singapore. Passion includes playing WoW and drawings.
    Realm played: Dath's Remar
    Characters: Lvl85 Deathknight, Lvl80 Paladin, Lvl80 Warlock, Lvl80 Priest, Lvl85 Hunter


The footsteps of 4.1 inches closer than ever before even as each PTR update seems to contain truckload of changes that seems to say that "4.1's not ready yet!". While 4.1 will not bring us T12 content, it does give us the next step in Heroic progression - 2 Troll dungeons and the ability to spam your 7 heroics in one single day if you have the mental stamina to do so.

Since I've begin working, I discovered that I barely have time to play WoW without sacrificing sleep. A typical workday would look like this:

Wake up - Work (9 hours) - Gym (1 hour) - Dinner + WoW (4-6 hours if I'm raiding) - Sleep.

As an avid DPs player, I'm stuck with 30mins queue. Each Heroic has the potential to be either a 45mins or a 2hour head-desking affair. This plus trying to hit the daily cap for guild rep (I'll be thankful once I hit Exalted with my new guild) THEN multiply by 2 toons. I do fear once I star Uni, my schedule will be roughly the same. Which means WoW will suffer and eventually fade away.

BUT, Blizzard has kindly change the daily dungeon grind to a weekly once. Now I can actually relax on weekday nights instead of griefing myself.

The downfall of it

However, this could also be the downfall of Cataclysm. Imagine trying to run 2 heroics over and over and over and over again. Now multiply that by 7 times. Now multiply it by the difficulty of a Cataclysm Heroic and you got a potential storm of tears and rising blood pressure.

Warcraft is fun but eventually like a tire of a F1 race car, the faster you go, the faster you burn out. Eventually you'll be so pissed at idiot pugs that you give up on T9.75 heroic. While you can run the older heroics (which will of course be easier!), you only get 70VPs capping at 490. For people looking to maximise their weekly VP gain, it is simply not an option.

In the end, I feel that running a heroic a day is still the best way to pace yourself to prevent the dreaded burnout. But for the weekend warriors, Blizzard has helped a lot in letting us enjoy the heroics.

Categories: ,

0 Response for the "Why I'm (going to) lovin' 4.1 Heroic System and the potential downfall of it."